Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program - Online
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program is to prepare students for the advanced professional practice role as a primary care nurse practitioner in the areas of adult, family or pediatrics. The MSN program is offered online with a few visits to campus (Please see details under our FAQ section)
The MUSC MSN Nurse Practitioner program enables students to:
(Based on the Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing 2011, American Association of Colleges of Nursing)
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement, and organizational sciences for the continual improvement of nursing care across diverse settings.
- Utilize leadership skills that are needed to emphasize ethical and critical decision making, effective working relationships, and a systems-perspective.
- Articulate the methods, tools, performance measures, and standards related to quality, as well as apply quality principles within an organization.
- Apply research outcomes within the practice setting, resolve practice problems, work as a change agent, and disseminate results.
- Use patient-care technologies to deliver and enhance care and use communication technologies to integrate and coordinate care.
- Intervene at the system level through the policy development process and employ advocacy strategies to influence health and health care.
- Communicate, collaborate, and consult with other health professionals to manage and coordinate care.
- Apply and integrate broad, organizational, client-centered, and culturally appropriate concepts in the planning, delivery, management, and evaluation of evidence-based clinical prevention and population care and services.
- Influence healthcare outcomes for individuals, populations, or systems and integrate advanced nursing knowledge into practice.
- The experienced faculty in the MSN program will guide and mentor you through the required coursework and clinical experiences. Faculty Directory List
Fall 2014 admissions is closed. The application for Fall 2015 will open on July 1, 2014. The application deadline for Fall 2015 admissions is March 15, 2015.