Bike Safety Information on September 4
Bike Safety Information Day in the lobby of the MUSC Colbert Center (171 Ashley Ave) on Thursday, September 4, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Charleston Moves will go over precautions bikers can take to keep themselves and their bicycles safe: map of safe routes to commute to MUSC and rules of the road handouts.
- Eric with Dorchester EMS will demonstrate proper helmet position for avoiding traumatic head injuries.
- Chris from Trek Bikes will share basic maintenance tips to keep equipment safe.
- Public Safety will be offering bike registration to those who bring their bikes.
- Parking Management will distribute campus maps showing all the bike racks.
- Bike Safety Presentation at noon in room 109: MUSC Trauma Surgeon Dr. Stephanie Montgomery will talk about traumatic injuries followed by Sergeant Schmutzler, MUSC Public Safety who will go over rules of the road.
Free lunches for first 25 students who attend.
This is a free event, open to the public.
Contact Caroline 843-792-9745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org