Safe Sitter Baby Sitting Classes
June 17 - 18 and June 26 and 27
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Safe Sitter Classes to Train Babysitters
MUSC Volunteer Services will offer Safe Sitter classes for girls and boys age 11 to 13.
2 Summer Sessions Available:
June 17 - 18
June 26 - 27
* These two day classes are 9am-3pm both days
MUSC's Ashley River Tower Room 2408
Registrations for the program, sponsored by MUSC is open until June 14.
- The Safe Sitter program is a medically accurate program that teaches young adolescents how to handle emergencies when caring for younger children;
- The cost is $75;
- To register your son, daughter or your child's babysitter: call or email Kelly Hedges at 843-876-4246, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Thousands of young adolescents across the country have been trained by Safe Sitter to handle life threatening emergencies. During the course, students will get hands on practice in basic lifesaving techniques so they are prepared to act in a crisis;
- Safe Sitters also receive helpful tips to make them more confident caregivers. They learn safety precautions, how to understand children of different ages, and even the business of babysitting;
- They learn infant and child CPR;
- To successfully complete the Safe Sitter program, students must pass a rigorous practical and written test to show that they have mastered the key concepts and have the skills necessary to handle an emergency.