Schwartz Center Rounds - "To Err is Human: Making Mistakes While Providing Care"
Panelists for the August 2 Schwartz Center Rounds include Karl Byrne, MD; Deborah O'Donnell, JD, BSN; and Sheila Scarbrough, RN, MSN. discussing "To Err is Human: Making Mistakes While Providing Care."
Lunch provided for the first 75 attendees who turn in evaluations.
- Schwartz Rounds are a multidisciplinary
forum where caregivers discuss difficult,
emotional and social issues that arise in
caring for patients.
- Schwartz Rounds are very different from
clinical or ethic rounds.
- Rounds were piloted at Mass General Hospital
in Boston in 1997 and have been held monthly
there since. Currently, the Rounds are held
at 165 sites in 30 states.
- We hope you will find the Rounds a safe,
comfortable forum where you can learn from
and support each other.
The Mission of the Kenneth B. Schwartz Center
- is to promote compassionate health care and
strengthen the relationship between patients
and caregivers, and
- is focused on fostering relationships "that
provide hope to the patient, support to
caregivers and sustenance to the healing
processing." Please come and bring a