8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Warehouse Conference Center, 230 Albermarle Road 29407
8-hour Class Offered for MUSC Hospital Employees:
Course Date: January 28
Start Time: 8:00am
End Time: 4:00pm
Location: Warehouse Conference Center, 230 Albermarle Road 29407
This is a one-day course for staff to obtain advanced IMPROVE training by working on an actual project. IMPROVE is an improvement model that encapsulates MUSC's intent to develop and institutionalize a comprehensive, hospital-wide continuous process improvement approach. This course leverages improvement methods from various sources such as Lean and Six Sigma to assist staff in taking our high performing organization to the next level and by reviewing how we maximize value and eliminate waste in all of our areas.
1. Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma history and concepts
2. Explanation of MUSC IMPROVE model and how it fits in with Lean Six Sigma
3. Basic understanding of Team Dynamics (personality test)
4. Identifying the 8 types of wastes in health care.
5. Identifying Value-Add, Non-Value-Add, Non Value-Add Required activities
6. Develop a project problem statement and SIPOC
7. Construct a Current State Process map
8 Demonstrate the use of a continuous flow cycle
9. Construct a Fishbone diagram and 5 Why analysis
10. Construct a Prioritization matrix
11. Document a Communication Plan and Control Plan
12. Construct a Future State Process map
Registration is in CATTS.