Recycling Schedule over the Holidays
The MUSC Recycling office will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Call the service desk if your need is urgent: MUHA call 2-5600 and University call 2-4119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bins will be serviced within two days of each holiday (either the day before or the day after the holiday) If you need immediate assistance, place your request via the Service Desk: MUHA: 2-5600, UNIV: 2-4111 we will do our best to help you!
The Recycling Team wishes all of you a wonderful holiday and thanks you for recycling!
Jason, Jerome, Michael, Stacey, Scott, Lenny, Jack, Christine, Caroline, Kathy and Pete.
Safety is the number one "gift" on Santa's list; here is a safety message from all of us!
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can create the perfect environment for unintentional injuries. It only takes a second to overlook a burning candle or forget to check holiday lighting.
- Each year, fires occurring during the holiday season claim the lives of more than 400 Americans and injure 1,650 more.
- Be sure to check holiday lights for frayed plugs and loose wiring.
- Don't overload extension cords.
- Be sure space heaters are properly placed.
- Turn lights off before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Candle-related fires are one of the most common holiday home hazards, averaging more than 12,000 each year, resulting in 136 deaths, more than 1,000 injuries.
- Be sure candles are extinguished before leaving a room or going to bed.
- About 5,800 people - two to three every hour -were treated in emergency departments for fall-related injuries sustained while decorating during the holiday season.
- Keep safety in mind when climbing ladders and step stools.
- Be sure ladders extend at least 3 ft. past the edge of the roof.
- Non metal ladders should be used around electricity.
- Christmas trees, both natural and artificial, were the item first ignited in an estimated average of 240 reported home structure fires per year.
- Make sure your tree has plenty of water and check it often.