Green Holiday Tips: Save Energy, Save Money and Save the Planet!
Green Holiday Tips from MUSC
- Switch to LED lights if you haven't done so already: these use much less energy than traditional lights
- Save energy: use a timer on your Christmas lights
- Recycle your tree and wreath: curbside pickup for composting your tree is on the first week of January
- Create your own ornaments out things that you have around the house like toys or candy canes or popcorn and berries
- Use gift bags that can be reused
- Just add a tag and a bow (skip the tissue paper) to a gift box: it's enough wrapping
- Use old maps or comics from the Sunday paper to wrap your gift: avoid materials that are not recyclable or reusable, such as foil or metallic papers
- Give rechargeable batteries with new toys, cameras or electronics - http://earth911.com/
- Send your holiday greetings and wishes in electronic form like this one: http://www.paperlesspost.com
The MUSC Recycling office will be closed on Christmas and New Years for the holidays. Call the service desk if your need is urgent: MUHA call 2-5600 and University call 2-4119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bins will be serviced within two days of each holiday (either the day before or the day after the holiday) If you need immediate assistance, place your request via the Service Desk: MUHA: 2-5600, UNIV: 2-4111 we will do our best to help you!
The Recycling Team wishes all of you a wonderful holiday and thanks you for recycling!
Jason, Jerome, Michael, Stacey, Scott, Lenny, Jack, Christine, Caroline, Kathy and Pete.