Humor in Health Care
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Gazes Auditorium Room 125
Panelist for the December 7 Schwartz Center Rounds includes Frank Brescia, MD, Jayne Quinn, RN, and Bob Mason, Volunteer with Caring Clowns discussing "Humor in Health Care". Lunch provided for the first 75 attendees who turn in evaluations.
- Schwartz Rounds are a multidisciplinary forum where caregivers discuss difficult emotional and social issues that arise in caring for patients.
- Schwartz Rounds are very different from clinical or ethics rounds.
- Rounds were piloted at Mass General Hospital in Boston in 1997 and have been held monthly there since. Currently, the Rounds are held at 165 sites in 30 states.
- We hope you will find the Rounds a safe, comfortable forum where you can learn from and support each other.
The Mission of the Kenneth B. Schwartz Center
- is to promote compassionate health care and strengthen the relationship between patients and caregivers, and
- is focused on fostering relationships "that provide hope to the patient, support to caregivers and sustenance to the healing processing".
Please come and bring a colleague!