TMS-POD Research Group
Royal Hobart Hospital / University of Tasmania
The TMS-POD is a research group established by Professor Saxby Pridmore, Director of the Department of Psychological Medicine, at the Royal Hobart Hospital.
Since its inception in late 1995, the TMS-POD (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Psychiatric Operations and Development) has acquired a MagStim TMS machine, capable of stimulation rates up to 0.3 Hz. We have recently taken delivery of a MagStim Super-Rapid rTMS stimulator to expand our range of research.
Our interests and current research projects are detailed on the news page.
The current members of the TMS-POD group are:
- Professor Saxby Pridmore, MD, FRANZCP (Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of Tasmania)
- Matthew Kirkcaldie, BSc(Hons) (doctoral student, University of Tasmania)
- Dr Matthew Poxon, MB, BS(Hons), BMedSc(Hons) (intern, Royal Hobart Hospital)
- Dr Philip Reid, MB, BS, BMedSc (psychiatry registrar, Royal Hobart Hospital)
- Dr Marzena Rybak, (psychiatry registrar, Royal Hobart Hospital)
Professor Saxby Pridmore
Department of Psychological Medicine
Royal Hobart Hospital
GPO Box 1061L
Phone / fax
- Phone: 61 3 6238 8308
- Fax: 61 3 6234 7889
Constructed by Matthew Kirkcaldie, PhD student at the University of Tasmania.