Make a Difference in Poverty and Health Problems Worldwide
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ONE-at-the-Medical-University-of-South-Carolina-MUSC/296605363682981t you can get involved with at your leisure -
Andrew Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
Greetings Fellow Students,
If you are interested in helping eradicate poverty and preventable health problems worldwide, such as anyone who went on a mission trip or has chosen a career in medicine for the right reasons, then please consider joining the ONE Campaign : MUSC Chapter.
So what is ONE: "ONE's Campus program is an advocacy effort designed to mobilize students around global issues of extreme poverty and preventable disease.? ?ONE Campus mobilizes students and campus leaders on global issues of extreme poverty and preventable disease. ONE challenges college students to channel that energy and ensure legislative and policy victories for improved government, greater economic development, and smarter aid in the developing world." And BONO helped play a roll in getting ONE started. www.one.org.
Spending less time than it takes to visit a country to do the medical work and no money, you can take steps to encourage your government to help provide millions of dollars in funding to help rid the world of poverty and provide quality healthcare to the suffering.
It will only compliment the work you are already doing in the field of medicine or on the mission field, so please read the reasons below to be fully convinced that it makes more sense to join the MUSC Chapter of the ONE Campaign than not to.
Reasons to Join MUSC branch of ONE:
- SMALL TIME INVOLVEMENT: If are too busy studying or doing clinical work to do mission work you still have plenty of time to support efforts through ONE to help save millions of lives.
- FREE: Traveling for mission work costs A LOT of money. Most mission trips are not able to raise their entire cost and look to the members of the mission to make up the difference. While the work you do in your free time to support MUSC ONE's efforts costs literally nothing. Arguably, you can have an even larger impact than traveling to the country to do the work yourself.
- COMPLIMENT YOUR OTHER ETHICAL EFFORTS: If you are already interested in fighting the problems that arise from poverty in person, then it only makes sense to get behind sustainable movements to eliminate the problems at their source.
- STAY INFORMED: By simply being a member you will get updates on what local, national, and international governments are doing (or not doing) to combat the issues of poverty and world health. So you will easily educate yourself on political issues that actually matter and also look impressive at cocktail parties when making small talk.
- GOOD FOR YOUR C/V: I hate to mention this, as it seems shameful given the true reason for joining ONE. But let?s face it; the way the system is set up it leaves you no choice but to have to thump your own chest to get where you can be influential in a good way.
Joining ONE takes little time and money, but collectively we can make a larger difference fighting poverty than you we can individually, and it helps give you another feather in your cap to help you on your journey. It will be a good thing for MUSC to have this organization on campus.
So if you are interested in joining up for ONE, there is no commitment to anything, just shoot an email to Andrew Baker email@example.com and I will ensure you are on the email list. And we will get going from there. There is no commitment to do anything, just do what you can when you can with the info we'll send out.
Everyone take a second to visit our Facebook page and like it so we can grow in members and easily inform everyone about campaigns by ONE that you can get involved with at your leisure - http://www.facebook.com/pages/ONE-at-the-Medical-University-of-South-Carolina-MUSC/296605363682981. You can also follow us at www.twitter.com/ONE_MUSC.
Please email me or one of the other officers if you have any questions:
Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you.
Officers of MUSC ONE Campus Chapter