Scrubs and supplies needed for medical trip to Ghana, Project Okurase
Cynthia Swenson or Sarah Logan
Dear Faculty, staff, and students,
Several faculty members and students will soon be traveling to the remote village of Okurase in Ghana.
Please consider donating any scrubs or other medical supplies, as well as outgrown children's warm weather clothes, shoes, underwear or school supplies for the Village.
We will be focusing on:
1) The Village Health Outreach (VHO), screening, treatment and surgeries (saw 1350 people in 2011).
2) The Kid's camp which will include teaching English, other educational activities, soccer (football) and songs with the kids.
3) Piloting telemedicine for health consults
4) Piloting the use of technology for students to be teaching between US and village classrooms.
5) Collecting information for the web site and PR materials i.e. recording audio to go with the brick making and building of the education building.
6) Collecting information for the background of grant applications (health, nutrition, sanitation, water)
7) Helping with building of the educational center, the Nkabom Centre
8) Health education to be shared with people while they are waiting to be seen.
9) Partnering with Water Missions International. Two WMI consultants will join us there.
10) Being sensitive to the culture and religion of all the people in the village.