MUSC Information Security Office
Welcome to the home page of the Medical University of South Carolina's Information Security Office (ISO).
The ISO is charged with:
- Documenting MUSC's Enterprise-level information security architecture, strategy and plans.
- Coordinating the development of Enterprise-level information security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Directing MUSC's Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Developing and deploying Enterprise-level information security safeguards, such as network access control services, that help protect information assets across the MUSC Enterprise.
- Developing and deploying common (shared) tools, instruments, and services, as needed to assist MUSC's IACOs, System Owners, and System Administrators in meeting their assigned information security responsibilities.
- Assisting IACOs and System Owners with information security risk assessments that involve Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure components.
- Conducting Enterprise-level vulnerability assessments.
If you are a user of MUSC information systems, or any system connected to MUSC's network, then you are responsible for adhering to all MUSC Information Security Policies, and all applicable Security Standards.
If you witness or experience IT abuse, misuse, or a security breach involving or affecting MUSC, or you observe or detect a significant vulnerability that affects an MUSC system, then please consult the MUSC Computer Security Incident Reporting Procedures.