Goals and Accomplishments
Update IS Report to MUSC Medical Center July 1 - Sept. 30, 2008
From Infrastructure Services
Overall Goals 2008 – 2009
- Effectively manage, facilitate, and coordinate the use of Information Management activities and services across the MUSC enterprise.
- Coordinate and oversee all IT services and activities across the MUSC enterprise.
- Manage all IT projects, vendors, and contracts across the MUSC enterprise.
- Support the needs of the business units and their missions by promoting workflow improvements and process redesign.
- Provide secure, reliable, and accessible computing infrastructure for MUSC.
Targeted Goals 2008-2009
- Develop MUSC Research and Student portals.
- Begin planning for a replacement Enterprise Resource Planning Management System.
- Complete the initial implementation of an Enterprise-wide Data Warehouse to be used primarily in support of the research mission.
- Enhance security, redundancy, and reduce vulnerabilities of the campus wide network by implementing a network registration system and single sign-on capabilities.
- Begin planning for a replacement data center.
- Continue to deploy and rollout the core clinical information system (eCareNet) throughout the hospital, including ClinDoc, AdminRx, and CPOE.
1. Supported key research initiatives through the implementation of a translational research database, high speed network, high performance computing and inter-facility data sharing capabilities with Shibboleth.
2. Supported key educational initiatives through the implementation of a course evaluation system and completion of a major upgrade to our student information system.
3. Enhanced the security and reduced vulnerabilities of the campus-wide network through implementation of a network registration system and identity management system.
4. Enhanced system reliability and accessibility through the implementation of redundant servers for critical infrastructure components
5. Supported the advancement of research through rewrites of the grants management system, IRB system, and supporting databases.
6. Completed initial implementation of Clinical Documentation and AdminRx, and piloted CPOE.
7. Stabilized and improved 24 x 7 access to Practice Partner and completed rollout to all clinics.
8. Implemented 508 compliance in web publishing.
9. Terminated the outsourcing contract and transitioned employees into employment at MUSC.
10. Replaced GroupWise email with Exchange / IMAP.