eCareNet Priority Update
Continued from Priority Overview page...These projects will continue over the next several years and have required the involvement of many clinicians, IS resources, and vendor personnel. The objectives in pursuing this massive project are focused on improving patient safety, healthcare quality, and operational efficiencies. Guiding principles for this initiative are to:
- Focus on the patient, with patient safety a foremost consideration
- Promote highly integrated, interdisciplinary care that fully supports and utilizes MUSC’s teaching and research missions
- Develop systems and processes that enhance MUHA’s preeminence as the tertiary care center of choice
- Implement a care delivery model for the 21st century.
McKesson Project Status:
- New Materials Management system was activated in August 2006.
- New ED Tracking Board was activated in August 2006.
- New Inpatient Pharmacy System was activated in September 2006.
- Roll-out of Inpatient Clinical/Nursing documentation (“ClinDoc”) system is now complete for adult medical and surgical units (non-critical care).
- Automated/Barcode Medication Administration (“AdminRx”) roll-out to the non-critical care inpatient units that moved to ART was complete in 2007. Roll-out to additional non-critical care adult inpatient units in MUHA is currently being rolled-out with a completion target of November 2008.
- Initial activation of Computerized Physician Order Entry in on ART inpatient unit is planned for September 2008. Further rollout in ART and beyond TBD.
Picis Project Status:
- Activated OR Manager application (i.e., scheduling, preference cards, operative clinical/case record) in the Main and Ambulatory ORs in 2007.
- Activated Anesthesia Clinical Documentation in Ashley River Tower (ART) ORs in March 2008.
- Plan to activate Anesthesia Clinical Documentation in Rutledge Tower OR by November 2008 and in ‘Main OR’ by 1st quarter 2009.
eCareNet Viewer (Oacis) Status:
- The Oacis system was upgraded to a new version in May 2008; the name was changed to ‘eCareNet Viewer’ and includes data from McKesson ClinDoc and AdminRx.
- A project to install an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is underway with the first phase (Oacis data) to be completed by 1st quarter of 2009. Additional systems will also eventually share data such as Colleague, SmartStream, Keane, IDX Flowcast, etc. (timerframe TBD).
Other Clinical Priorities