Deans IT Update January 21, 2009
1. MUSC CV Bank Update – The CV Bank Implementation Oversight Committee (Chaired by Dr. Mary Mauldin) is working to insure that all components of the curriculum vitae are included in the system’s development. The committee is composed of faculty and departmental management from across the colleges of MUSC.
• The software for the Curriculum Vitae Bank has been installed on a secured test server. ( a secure production server is currently being set up for secure vendor access in January 2009)
• Trusted data sources for the CV Bank have been identified (Provost Database, Library Citation database, etc.) have been identified.
• Sample CVs developed for several colleges.
• CV design and system development continues.
2. Verge – the recruitment management and Appointment Promotions & Tenure system is scheduled to become active in January 2009. This version of Verge will initially be used in the College of Medicine. Verge is also used in the MUHA as a credentialing tool for healthcare professionals.
3. Academic Portal – The Implementation Oversight Committee (Chaired by Ms Dustin Annan – CHP) for the official MUSC Academic Portal has been charged. • Initially the software vendor was to be Datatel – Colleague but was changed to the (Change from Datatel to Campus CAI)
4. Research Portal ( http://research.musc.edu/ )
5. Research Roadmap
6. Core Clinical Requirements Web Site in production
8. On-Line Faculty Director running
9. SCLR Operational (MUSC/Clemson/USC)
10. PSPN Contract (Implications)
11. Research Administration systems
12. AV/Videoconferencing Equipment & Support Standardization
13. Microsoft Exchange E-Mail system migration completed.
14. Laptop encryption (all sensitive data should be protected)
15. Mac-SIG (3rd Thursday of each month Rm 440 Library, 3 p.m.)