Here's a trick for moving groups of people (along with their department name and work phone number) from Mulberry mailing groups and LDAP search results into Entourage address books:
- Select the address book icon
- Highlight 'Contacts'
- Click 'New' and choose 'Address Book'
- Name it something useful open it and leave it open.
make sure your ldap preferences contain these attributes (spread over two screens)
- Name: cn
- Company: ou
- Phone Work: TelephoneNumber
Save this as the ldap pref
Still in Mulberry, go under 'Address' and select 'Search for Addresses'
- Find Items: using LDAP
- In the drop down tab, select ‘Company’, then select 'Contains'
- Type in some group you want to find (OCIO, Dental Medicine, oncology, etc.)
- Control click (Windows right click) the gray bar below the search criteria (it should read Full Name, Email Address...select-add 'Company' and TelephoneNumber.
Now click ‘Search’
You should get a return list with multiple names.
Drag the results of this Mulberry search to your Entourage address book, the one that resides ‘On My Computer’
- This ldap is not a official source of information. Some departments may have put everything in the blanks, others may have added nothing.
- This is a hand grenade search, not a horseshoe search. It will get you close.
- If you are looking for many different people from many different departments, this probably won't help much.