Guides to Using Macintosh Computers at MUSC
Revised E-mail Exchange page
ADDED 6/16/2010Tip for restoring deleted e-mail on the Exchange Server:
Have you ever deleted a message then emptied the deleted items folder only to realize you didn't mean to really delete those files? Well, for up to 30 days after the deletions you have the ability to recover items.
You have to use Windows and Internet Explorer and go to http://exchange.musc.edu. Login and click the Options button at the top-right side of the window. On the left column click "Deleted Items." In the middle of the screen click "Recover to Deleted Items Folder." This will move the last 30 days of deleted items back into your Deleted Items folder where you can access them in Entourage or Outlook.
An experience with a Mac trojan file and how to delete it.
Archiving Entourage files to an online server (Archive1).
Several have asked about how to check their e-mail quotas on the Exchange Server.
For new iPhone owners only. You don't need to do this if your iPhone is already connected to the exchange server.
Using Apple's new Web Configuration Tool, the Network System Team has created a MUSC configuration profile for the Apple iPhone. The profile sets up configuration parameters for MUSC Exchange e-mail, VPN, and MUSC wireless networks using a 32-character unique identifier (SSID) that acts as a password from a mobile device to the network.
Learn how to get and install it here: http://nstwiki.musc.edu/index.php/IPhone_Config
Current Top Issue: Exchange E-mail Setup
- Browser-based (OWA)
- Entourage (Microsoft Office application)
- Apple Mail
- Citrix (full Outlook program from a Macintosh)
- iPhone Connectivity
- Other mobile phone setup information
- Forwarding e-mail (pdf file)
process requires connection using Internet Explorer, see Citrix above
- Other issues:
- Archiving (very good article on Entourage, Time Machine, and backing up e-mail.)
Updates and information
- Next Macintosh Shared Interest Group (SIG) meeting set for 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18, in Library Mac Lab
- Update allows Mac users to access the perimeter net (my.musc.edu, etc.) while tunneled in through VPN
- Update Microsoft Office 12.1.2
Campus site links
- Software (requires NetID)
- Hardware (personal purchase)
- Homeroom (via ftp)
- Join Mac-Sig mailing list (jpeg file shows how to subscribe from Entourage)
Off-site informational links